Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Online Course – April 27 & 28, 2021
The Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Online training and certification course is a leading-edge program in the industry today. The course teaches you the skills necessary to make your facility safe and efficient. The certification is specifically designed to meet the needs of those working in public, semi-public, municipal pools, or water park facilities. This comprehensive, two-day online course (11 AM EST to 7 PM EST) provides in-depth instruction on all facets of aquatic facility operation and management, including:
- Filtration Disinfection
- Water testing and treatment
- Design considerations, Facility management
- Pool safety
- Risk management
- Facility troubleshooting
- Hot tub & spa operation
- And much more!!
National Recreation & Parks Association
- In 1989 the National Aquatic Section of NRPA set out to assemble a training program for pool operators that was appropriate for community swimming pools, free of product bias, instructed by professionals who are thoroughly trained and continually evaluated, and which trained participants not only about daily pool operations but also contained information about risk management, staffing, budgeting and purchasing for those participants that manage their aquatic facilities. In 1992 NRPA’s National Certification Board voted to approve the association’s Aquatic Facility Operator training and exam, and the most comprehensive aquatic facility operations training in the industry was launched.
50 Question, open book, online exam
- To earn the AFO certification, the aquatic professional must successfully pass the AFO certification online exam. The AFO is an open book 50 question exam. Individuals who obtain the AFO credential are knowledgeable in the systematic approach to pool operations, including pool chemistry, management, pool safety, and risk reduction. Upon successfully completing the exam, the National Recreation and Park Association will add all newly certified AFO’s to the National AFO certification database. The AFO certification is valid for five years. At the end of the five year certification period, the AFO certification must be renewed.
DOH Approved Commercial Pool Tech Certification
- The Department approves this course of Health for student certification as a Public Pool Service Technician in all States that require Pool Operator Certification in their public pool code.
- Learn more about NRPA