CPO Certification provides individuals with the knowledge, techniques, and skills required for proper pool operations. This course is REQUIRED by the State Health Department and is eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
You will learn how to:
- Reduce risks in and around the water
- Prevent drowning, recreational water illness, suction entrapment, evisceration, diving accidents, electrocutions, chemical hazards, and slips and falls
- Address regulatory guidelines
- Maintain disinfection and water balance
- Manage water problems
- Perform troubleshooting, chemical testing, and record-keeping
- Manage chemical feed
- Utilize automation and technology
Classroom Course: A certified instructor teaches a 14-16-hour, two-day program.
CPO Certification class Format
- In-person Instruction with pool industry veteran Rudy Stankowitz, 9 AM – 5 PM US ET (Both days)
- Lunch 1 hour
- Proctored Exam 2 1/2 hour maximum (day two)
- Check out our videos on YouTube
About your Instructor
Rudy Stankowitz is a 30-year veteran of the swimming pool industry and President/CEO of Aquatic Facility Training & Consultants. Rudy first got his feet wet in the pool business as an Assistant Manager with Leslie’s Swimming Pool Supplies; he also served as Store Manager of the company’s highest-volume North East location, and finally as District Manager. After ten years of retail, Rudy decided it was time to dive into the manufacturing end of the pool, serving as Large Accounts Manager with Meyco Products. It was here that he designed the company’s line of swimming pool safety fencing and managed the company’s highest volume safety-cover accounts. After three years, Rudy decided that it was time to enjoy a year-round swimming season and represent a full-line pool equipment manufacturer. He moved to sunny Florida, serving as Vice President of Sales with Astral Products.
CPO Certification class
In 2007, he decided to swim without a lifeguard and go out on his own, opening Aqua Caribbean, offering both commercial and residential swimming pool service. Finally, in 2014, Rudy sold the swimming pool service company and opened Aquatic Facility Training & Consultants, allowing him to give back to an industry that had been very good to him. Rudy Stankowitz is an award-winning NSPF® instructor and has conducted swimming pool-related training/technical seminars throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, The Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Asia. Rudy is also a columnist for Pool Pro Magazine. Originally from Long Island, New York, Rudy currently resides in Archer with his wife Joy, and he has happily been a resident of Florida since 2003.